The Digital Plethysmometer is a micro controlled volume meter, specially designed for accurate measurement of the rat / mouse paw swelling.
The Digital Plethysmometer is a highly useful tool to evaluate the inflammatory response experimentally induced in small rodents and to screen potential anti-inflammatory or anti-oedema properties of pharmacological substance. The water displacement produced by the immersion of the animal paw in the measuring tube is reflected in to the second tube, inducing the volume displacement. This displacement value is recorded. The control unit can be zeroed between successive readings by pressing the reset key, so as to avoid the error arising due to adherence of water to the paw of the animal.
Foot switch allowing rapid hands-free experiments can be used to control the end point of the measurement.
- Button touch auto- calibration mode making hassle free calibration
- High accuracy : ± 0.01 ml
- Resolution : 0.01 ml
- Easy to use pedal switch
- Stable & comfortable reading on graphical LCD display
- No need of separate tube assembly for rat & mice
- Data entry for: Experiment Nos./ Sequence Nos./Sex of Animal / Paw : Left – Right etc.
- Data storage for 100000 experiments
- Six Point Calibration 0.50ml, 1.00ml, 2.00ml, 3.00ml, 4.00ml & 5.00ml.
- Software for PC Connectivity using RS232 serial interface for data transfer and report generation with graphical presentation.
- Provision to add experiment name, comment & animal weight(grams) in the software report
- Data can be transferred to excel or pdf
- Software with password protected experiment delete function.
- Mice Paw Volume (0-5ml), Rat Paw Volume (0-10ml)
|PLM 01 Plus|
|Calibration||Auto and Manual|
|Animals to be tested||Mouse, Rat|
|PC Connectivity||By Using RS232 Cable|
|Material of composition||Methacrylate, S.S. 304|