For testing hot & cold temperature induced pain in mice & rat
The Hot & Cold Plate Analgesia Meter performs rapid & precise screening of analgesic drug properties on small laboratory animals.
Orchid’s Hot & Cold Plate Analgesia Meter has been developed for both conventional hot plate tests and cold pain test.
Pain sensitivity to heat is assessed by placing the animal on the top of aluminium plate and starting the timer. The operator stops the timer at the instant the animal lifts its paws from the plate, reacting from discomfort. The front panel timer displays the latency to react, a measurement of the animal’s resistance to pain.
- Plate temperature can be held at a set point between 1°C to 60°C (±0.5°C)*
- Instrument has provision to add max sequence numbers, auto experiment number and animal sex.
- Remote foot-switch controls the test start / stop allowing rapid Hands-free experiments
- High temperature stability & Uniform surface heat distribution
- A built-in timer activated by an external foot switch allows the precise measurement of the reaction time (0.1 Sec. Resolution)
- Precise and reproducible results
- Cut off timer to avoid damage to animal
- Top LID Sensor to indicate lid is open and thereof avoiding temperature fluctuations
- PC Connectivity with software
- Software with calibration and report generation feature
- Software has provision to add title, comment, graphical presentation and data can be converted in excel or pdf
System Specification & Models:
|Model||Control Unit Dimensions
|Plate dimensions mm
|Animal Enclosure Dimensions mm (LxWxH)
|Temperature range ° C||Reaction Time Seconds|
|205X205X12||220x220x250||1°C to 60°C
(± 0.5° C)
|Digital timer resolution of 0.1s|